- The death is registered by the Registrar of births and deaths of the area where death occurred. If the death has occurred at a private hospital, inform the Registrar of that area for registration of such death.
- Appropriate persons for informing of a death for registration,
- Person present at the time of occurrence of the death
- Person who is treat at the time of occurrence of the death
- Medical Officer of the hospital
- Obtain the relevant declaration from the Registrar of births and deaths for informing the death.
- Documents to be submitted,
- Duly perfected declaration
- Hospital report issued in proof of the occurance of the death
- A death can be registered free of charge within a period of 03 months.
- A copy of the death certificate is issued to the informant free of charge.
- Visit the Additional District Registrar of the Divisional Secretariat at your nearest for further information.
Organization InformationDepartment of Registrar General's
No: 234 /A3,
Denzil Kobbakaduwa Mw,
Mr. S.M.W.B. Sandiligama
Telephones:+94-11-2889488 / +94-11-2889489