- Certificate Examinations
- Recruitment Examinations
- Efficiency Bar Examinations
- Promotion Examinations
- Other Examinations relevant to Local and Foreign Agencies
- Institutional and Professional examinations are conducted on behalf of various Government and non Governmental institutes and organizations.
- Examination dates are fixed upon the discussion between the Department of Examinations and the respective organizations.
- Examination criteria and the specimen application forms will be available in the respective Gazette and published in the government newspapers. The candidate has to prepare and forward the application form to the respective organization or to the Department of Examinations.
- The Department of Examinations will receive the list of candidates from the relevant organization, or The applicants may forward their applications straight to the Department of Examinations.
- After the examination dates have been finalized, a time table will be prepared towards the end of each month.
- The Department of Examinations prepares and posts the admission cards to the respective candidates at least 2 weeks before the commencement of any Examination.
- An advertisement is published in the local newspapers to inform the applicants that the Admission Cards have been issued.
- If the candidate does not receive the Admission Card he/she must inform the Department of Examinations so that the relevant officials could check the candidate’s name. If the name is not included, the candidate must inform the respective organization and a letter confirming his/her candidature, has to be forwarded to the Department of Examinations by such organization. Then the Department of Examinations will issue a copy of the admission card to the candidate.
- In the case of any discrepancies in the admission card the same procedure as above must be followed by the candidate concerned and get the necessary corrections done before the commencement of the examination.
- Once the examination is over, the results will be forwarded to the relevant organization by which the results will be issued to the candidates or on the approval of the relevant organization the Department of Examinations will issue the results directly to the candidates.
Note: - Candidates should prove their identity at the time they sit each paper at the examination centre. Any one of the following documents may be produced as a valid of identity.
Organization InformationDepartment of Examinations
P.O. Box 1503,
Mr. W.M.N.J. Pushpakumara
Telephones:+94-11-2786200, +94-11-2784201, +94-11-2785202, +94-11-2784203, +94-11-2784204, +94-11-2786205, +94-11-2786206, +94-11-2787207