The SLTB was reconstituted by Sri Lanka Transport Board Act No 25 of 2005 and is the successor to the Ceylon Transport Board (1958-1978), Sri Lanka Central Transport Board and Regional Boards (1978-2005), Peoplized Transport Service (1990-1997) and the Regional Transport Companies (1997-2005).
- To provide an efficient passenger service by bus throughout the country, while competing with the private sector under regulated market conditions.
- To provide bus services for services of a socially necessary service for which specific subsides are provided by the regulator
- To become the market leader in the provision of qualitative bus transport services by improving in reliability and safety, customer care.
- To maintain designated bus terminals and to improve the services at such terminals for passenger benefit.
- To become financially efficient and independent to compete with private sector in the long term.
- To be available for deployment in emergency situations.
Contact Details :
Sri Lanka Transport Board
||: +94 (0) 11 7706000 / +94 (0) 11 2581120 - 4
||: +94 (0) 11 2589683 / +94 (0) 11 2586491
Organization InformationMinistry of Transport & Civil Aviation
7th Floor, Sethsiripaya, Stage II, Battaramulla.
Mr. Channa Dias
Telephones:0112 187 200 / 0112 187 201
Fax Nos:0112 865 093 / 0112 187 226