|Required Forms Form 2.10 Goods Railway Railway Goods|
Transporting Goods using Railway Goods Wagons
10.1. Service Information
Request should be made before the wagon reservation. Any type of Goods other than the goods prohibited by the Railway Ordinance and other departmental circulars can be transported by Railway Wagons. Main Railway Station accepts goods to be transported by Trains.
10.2. Application/Reservation method of the service
Requesting application should be submitted to Sales and Marketing division at the Railway Headquarters, Colombo 10. (Tele: 0112421281) OR you can directly download the requesting application (Form 2.10) from the Department website. Applications can be submitted from 09.00 am to 04.00 pm of week days. Otherwise, reservation can be requested by sending a letter giving following details too. Name of the Applicant, Type of Goods, Starting and Terminating Stations, The Station where the Wagon is to be placed, Intended Dates etc. Consignment Note should be filled at the loading station.
10.3. Payments/Charges to be made for the service
10.4. Documents to be submitted
10.5. Procedure of the service
1. Main Railway Station accepts goods to be transported by Trains on weekdays from 09.00 AM to 04.00 PM
2. Use the application form. Fill it and hand over to the particular Railway station with the goods. An receipt will be issued to the customer
3. Loading should be done by the customer
4. Transporting goods will be sealed at the station and customer can use their own locks
5. For collecting the Goods at the destination station, Submit the Receipt and the National Identity Card of the person who receiving the Goods to the Station Master
10.6. Average time taken for obtaining the service
10.7. Officer responsible for extending the service
Manager Sales & Marketing
10.8. Deviations of the service process
Station Masters are empowered to reject any good, if they are suspicious about the type of goods or the person handing over the goods.
10.9. Application Forms
Make a Complaint
|Last Updated On: 2021-01-21 05:07:10|