Transporting Parcels by Trains
11.1. Service Information
Any type of Parcels (maximum 50Kgs per parcel) can be transported by Railway other than the goods prohibited by the Railway Ordinance and other departmental circulars. (Telephone Number: 0112320109) All Railway Station accept parcels to be transported.
11.2. Application/Reservation method of the service
Use the application form. It can be collected at the particular stations. Fill it and hand over to Railway station with the parcel. All Railway Station accept parcels to be transported by Trains on weekdays from 09.00 AM to 04.00 PM.
11.3. Payments/Charges to be made for the service
11.4. Documents to be submitted
11.5. Procedure of the service
1. All Railway Station accepts parcels to be transported by Trains on weekdays from 09.00 AM to 04.00 PM
2. Use the application form. Fill it and hand over to Railway station with the parcel.
3. Pack the items properly to avoid them getting wasted or damaged
4. Be prepared to open and show the items in the Parcel, if the Station Master requests to do so
5. Attach the Receiving Person's Name and Address to the Parcel.
6. Give the Receiving Person's Name and Address and the National Identity Card Number to the Station Master
7. Give the National Identity Card of the Person handing over the Parcel to the Station Master
8. The Way Bill will be issued to you. This Way Bill is to be sent to the person receiving the Parcel
9. To collect the Parcel at the destination, give the Way Bill and the National Identity Card of the person receiving the Parcel to the Station Master
11.6. Average time taken for obtaining the service
Fifteen to Thirty Minutes at the Station
11.7. Officer responsible for extending the service
11.8. Deviations of the service process
Station Masters are empowered to reject any goods/Parcels, if they are suspicious about the type of goods/Parcels or the person handing over the goods/Parcels.
11.9. Application Forms
Can be collected at the particular stations
Make a Complaint
|Last Updated On: 2021-01-21 05:13:40|