- Should be a project approved by the Cabinet of Ministers
- Should be a project approved by the Board of Investment
- Should be a project approved by Ministry of Industries
- Should be a project with special sponsorship by any institution affiliated to the government
- Board of directors should comprise a minimum of one Sri Lankan
Method of Submitting Application: Submitting written application to divisional secretary/provincial land commissioner/ land commissioner general
Places Where Application Form Could be Obtained: There is no special application form. You can submit application prepared by yourself in the form of a letter.
Payment for Application: Irrelevant
Time to Submit Application: On any weekday during officers excepting govt holidays
Fees Paying to Obtain This Service:
- No service charge is levied
- Annual lease amount is charged for leasing the bond
- Lease amount is charged as follows:-
Annual lease amount will be 4% of the commercial value of the land in the year of handing over of the land.
Once in every 5 years, lease amount will be revised by 50%
At every instance above the once and for all payment due at the commencement of lease should be paid.
Installment Amount: Three times of the Annual Lease amount
All valuation reports utilized to levy the lease amount would confirm to the valuation of the Government chief valuer.
Period Taken to Provide the Service (Ordinary Service and Priority Service): Minimum 6 months
Necessary Supporting Documents
- Letter of application
- Project Report
- Approval of the project by the relevant investment board/ministry of industries/ other relevant institutions
- Certificate of Business Registration
- Of a joint business, particulars of the directors (as detailed under the companies Registration Act)
Exceptions, Instances not Included Above and Special Information: Irrelevant
Application Form: None
Completed Specimen Application Form (Attach Completed Form): Irrelevant
Organization InformationDepartment of Land Commissioner General
Mr. N.A.B.M. nilawaka Arachchi