Obtaining Investment Assistance for New Planting/Re Planting of EAC
Who can apply:
Farmers or Estates growing Cinnamon, Pepper, Coffee, Cocoa, Cardamom, Clove, Nutmeg, Vanilla, Lemon Grass and Citronella
Assistance Provided by the DEA under the Scheme:
- Required No. of certified planting material at free of charge
- Technical advices for cultivation
- Financial reward is given after 2-3 yrs of successful completion (90% planting stand) of cultivation
||No. of Plants/ha.
at free of charge
|Min years. needed to
gualify for grant
- Minumum eligible land extent - 0.2 ha (1/2Ac.)
- Minumum eligible land extent for " Jathika Saviya" or "Gama Naguma" programs - 0.1 ha (1/2Ac.)
- Title of the Land Must be produced to prove the ownership of the land. Plan of the land is necessary for lands over 2 ha.
Must submit an application to Extension officer (on wednesdays 8.30 a.m - 4.15 p.m at the nearest Agrarian Service Centre) or to the District?Assitant Director on any Office day at 8.30 a.m - 4.15 p.m .
Applications can be down loaded from the form manager
Fees Payable to Obtain Services:
Only Rs. 10.00 stamp at the time of application
How to provide the service:
Extension Officer of the area will personelly inspect the applicants' land and if eligebility criteria are fulfilled the land will be registerd with the scheme. Extension officer will personaly advise on basic land preparation activities and after the completion of land preparation planting materials will be issued at free of charge. After a series of field inspections by the group of senior officers of the department fiancial awards will be issued.
Time taken to provide the Service:
2-6 months after the application
Assistant Director/Export Agriculture Departmet of the District
Extension Officer of the Area (based at the nearest Ag. Service Centre)
Organization InformationDepartment of Export Agriculture
Sirimavo Bandaranayake Mawatha,
Mr. Aruna Disanayaka
Telephones:+94 812 388651, +94 81 2386018, +94 81 2386019