The Government Information Center

සිංහල Tamil
default style green style red style
YOU ARE HERE: Home Obtaining Permission to Damage the Road to Get Water Connection
Question and Answer Type Full Information View

Obtaining Permission to Damage the Road with the View to get the Water Connection to a House.

PDF Print Email


Make a request to National Water Supply & Drainage Board and submit the estimate received from National Water Supply & Drainage Board. This document is very important because it contains the place where the road is going to be damaged and the length and width of the damage.

Places where applications could be obtained :

Executive Engineer’s office/Chief Engineer’s office (RDA) relevant to the area concern

The time, applications should be forwarded :

Weekdays from 8.30 a.m. - 4.15 p.m. in office hours

Charge for the services :

The estimated cost for reconstruction for the damage made to the road will be assessed and informed. The amount to be paid depends on how much damage has to be made to the road.

Duration of the provide services :

Within one week

Documents required in proof and the process :

  1. The letter of request, addressed to the Road Development Authority together with the note received by the National Water Supply and Drainage Board.
  • Damages that can be happened will be estimated by the Road Development Authority.
  • Permission will be given after paying the reconstruction cost to the Road Development Authority by the house owner.

Organization Information

Road Development Authority

No.216, "Maganeguma Mahamedura",

Denzil Kobbekaduwa Mawatha,


1) Information Centre(1968) 2) Deputy Director
Telephones:+94 11 2046200
Fax Nos:

Make a Complaint
Last Updated On: 2013-10-09 15:56:01
ICTA Awards

Contact Us

Latest News

Q & A on Coronaviruses

English / Sinhala / Tamil


Digital Intermediary Services

  » Train Schedule
  » Find More e-Services

Stay Connected

Last Update : 2020-10-19
Number of visitors:
Online Now : 248